Automatic electric air intake shutoff system
The automatic electric air intake shutoff system is designed to continuously monitor diesel engine RPM to immediately shutdown the engine in the event of an overspeed condition.
The RevGuard Speed Switch monitors engine RPM using either a flywheel mounted magnetic pickup or a signal from the engine alternator. It will immediately transmit a signal to trigger the shutdown of the Air Intake Shutoff Valve when the engine RPM exceeds a preset limit.
The system also includes a Manual Override Toggle Switch that can be used to trigger a manual emergency closure of the Air Intake Shutoff Valve.
Used to seal off intake air to a diesel engine for emergency shutdowns
- Sizes range from 1” to 7”
- Electric versions in 12 or 24 VDC
- Available temperature range from -40°F to +550°F (-40°C to 288°C)
- Position indicator switch available
Monitors engine RPM to shut down a runaway engine at a preset limit
- Operates on 12 or 24 VDC systems
- LED trip indicator
- Built-in 2/3 of RPM test switch to simulate overspeed
Voltage Control Module
Protects the solenoid from current overload
- Voltage input 10 - 32 VDC
- Maximum current 80 amps
- Actuation time 0.4 - 0.6 seconds
Contact Relay (24VDC systems)
Protects the valve solenoid and voltage control module from high current damage.
- 24 VDC, 85 amp
- Plated for corrosion resistance
Manual Override Toggle Switch
Enables an operator to manually close the air intake shutoff valve
- Includes safety thumb guard and decal
- Option for military switch
- Silver contacts for durability
Protects system from over current
- 12 VDC, 30 amps
- 24 VDC, 30 amps